Many of my friends have already started thinking about what they want to do next year. I thought it would be cool to have a plan and one of the ways to do that is to have 20 things in mind for 2020.
1) Have a Word of the Year
Instead of a resolution have a word to aim for…2019’s word was Thrive
2020’s word is Simplify
2) Continue to work on my solo show. Which includes getting through the canvases sitting in my closet
3) Buy less supplies during the year
4) Start Plein air painting
5) Finish classes i’ve gotten before starting new ones
6) Practice more lettering
7) Say no more often.
8) Continue getting better at watercolors
9) Begin working on Video editing
10) Animate ONE thing
11) Learn voice acting
12) Plan ahead of time
13) Organize and clean as I go
14) Record one video per month
15) Finish and try not to take on anymore leadership position
16) Warm up before creating
17) One piece at a time
18) Finish finish finish
19) Take distractions out
20) Make time for quiet
While this list is long and kind of complicated I tried to be simple in each thing I want to accomplish. If by the end of the year next year I don’t finish all 20 that’s ok. It’s mostly meant to help me focus during the year. Then when 2020 ends I can come back to this list to review things I have accomplished and feel proud of what finished.
Have y’all started thinking about your creative plans for the year? Do you have a word for the year? Let me know in the comments.
Have a great day!